Here are 7 things you should never miss in your survival backpack
For a novice survivalist preparing for the first time the survival backpack may seem a daunting task. So much so that most of the people puts us of months, if not years to realize the own survival backpack, and has build a pile of tools of each type
It ‘hard to determine where to start but if you munisci of the basic need to face a survival situation, you’re certain that you’ll be much better than 99% of people.
A survival backpack (also called BOB (Bug Out Gag) that bag to scram or bag of 72 hours) generally is done to get you out of an emergency situation and allows you to survive for three days at the most.
Many people the designs in order to make it last longer but there is still a limit to what you can take on your shoulders and a target of three days is still a good place to start.
Here are the 7 most important things that must be present in your survival pack:
It goes without saying that the water is essential in any survival situation, the more valuable between the goods.
One liter of water per day per person is the minimum required, so your backpack must contain at least three liters. However, if you intend to extend the period of duration of a couple of days, Arm yourself with a purification system. You can resort to boiling of adding iodine tablets or equip yourself of a real filter.
- You can arm yourself with a collapsible bottle for extra supplies.
- With a shoulder bucket may be easier to collect water.
- Use coffee filters to extend the life of your purification system.
- Find out how the bottled water can improve your survival backpack.
For a period of three days the meals and energy bars are sufficient. It is dehydrated meals that just add boiling water. They are lightweight and durable. Obviously you will need long-term food for all types of large-scale catastrophe, but for your survival backpack ready meals are a good start.
As regards this aspect, the survival pack is similar to a backpack for the weekend and should contain:
- A pair of boots or sturdy shoes.
- A pair of long pants (preferably not jeans).
- 2 pairs of socks (preferably not cotton).
- 2 t-shirts (one long sleeve and short sleeve, to wear them in layers)
- A warm jacket and raincoat.
- warm underwear.
- 1 hat.
- A bandana (30 uses for a bandana).
The list can be enlarged, and many would not dream of stopping here without putting in at least twice the stuff, but so how I’ve proposed will be enough for three days.
Make sure however to plan well the aspects related to the climate in your area by entering the seasonal clothes in your survival backpack.
If you’re going to survive for three days you will have needs for protection from the elements and a warm and dry place to sleep.
You need at least:
- Some kind of curtain or drape and an anchoring system.
- A ground cloth to lay on the floor of the shelter to keep you dry (very important).
- Sleeping bags, preferably of good quality.
5. First aid kit.
How do to have everything you need for first aid in the survival backpack is the title of one or more articles entirely devoted to the subject and I do not handle it right now because I risk forgetting something. I recommend, however, to prepare your own first aid kit rather than purchasing one of those already beautiful and ready with “1001 things to deal with emergencies.” In my experience, however useful in certain cases, these kits usually contain a lot of unnecessary things and are free, however, necessary.
Also, if you prepare your own, you’ll know both what it contains that as use it. So many people resort to prepackaged kits assuming that just because there is everything, there will also be necessary. But this is a bad idea.
6. Basic Items
Many survivalists this list will not like but again, for a couple of days is more than enough.
– Various clothing Rain : at least two ways to stay dry: a poncho or a raincoat, as the tent, of course.
– To Fire: At least three ways to make a fire. I have written quite a bit ‘about: 5 ways to start a fire. This way you will get the spark, but since you will have to give birth to a real fire and right: 5 ideas for a fire. You’ll also need something to cut timber and a knife involves a disproportionate investment of time and energy: Choosing the best chain saw.
– For Kitchen : The bare minimum, you have a pot or large bowl to boil water to drink and to be used to prepare disidratai foods. Better yet a small stove with fuel.
– Light: At least two reliable torches and a spare set of batteries for each.
– Knife: It ‘s the most widely used and versatile tool in your survival bag. I have written quite a bit ‘about it: 7 things to consider before choosing your survival knife.
If you face a situation “out of control” or something like that, people, in such cases, it gets really crazy and insane. Be ready to defend themselves is part of survival.
Obviously the best weapon is a gun (although not in all situations). I will not go into the merits of the type of gun also because in Italy is allowed firearms to be able to buy one.
The survival knife can still serve as a weapon if necessary. Even something as simple as a walking stick can be a good deterrent to burglars.
Now that you know what are the basic objects to create your survival backpack, you can begin to create it is to address short emergency situations are longer situations.